Prinsjesdag is basically the day when the Dutch government announces new financial measures for the next year. What we've learn from this year's session?
- the economy is doing great. It's booming. And that leaves room for...
- BTW (VAT) for food and other services jumping 50%, from 6 to 9%
- partial tax exemption for high skilled workers reduced from 8 years to 5. This applies to everyone, no matter when they started.
- energy will be more expensive
- mortgages will be also affected in a negative way by the payer
Oh, and last but not at least,
- the king receives a raise in income of 25.000€ and around 1 million plus for the royal family budget. Obviously, tax free.
This is happening when the economy is booming. I'm wondering how it will be when the economy will hit a wall?
More details on dutchnews.nl.